We set out below the Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) that shall apply to your entry to (“Entry”) including any purchase of tickets to the Ice Rink, Giant Observation Wheel, The Magical Ice Kingdom, The Nutcracker on Ice, The Sooty Christmas Show and/or Circus performances (“Tickets”) which are sold by or on behalf of PWR Events Limited (“we”, “us” or “PWR Events”) for Hyde Park Winter Wonderland taking place from 18th November 2016 to 2nd January 2017 (excluding 25 December 2016) (“Event”) at Hyde Park, London. Please note that by entering the Event and purchasing any Tickets, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
Furthermore, on entry you agree to accept and abide by any venue rules of Hyde Park and Royal Parks (the “Park”) as stated here: www.royalparks.org.uk/home/park-regulations (and any other regulations provided on entry to Hyde Park).
- Entry to the Event is free, however you must produce a valid Ticket to gain entry to the Ice Rink and/or The Magical Ice Kingdom and/or The Nutcracker on Ice and/or The Sooty Christmas Show and/or Circus performances and/or Giant Wheel and/or Bar Ice within the Event and you must produce that Ticket for inspection upon request at any time at the relevant attraction. Failure to produce such Ticket when requested may result in you being removed from the relevant attraction and/or the Event.
- Tickets are non-transferable. Any unlawful reselling (or attempting to do so) is prohibited and may result in the cancellation of the Ticket without any refund or compensation and/or the Ticket holder being refused entry or removed from the relevant attraction and/or Event. Any Tickets bought from unauthorised agents or third parties are not valid and admission will not be permitted. We are not responsible or liable for any Tickets or ride tokens that are lost or stolen and to amend or deface any Ticket and/or token will render it void.
- Tickets sales are final. Tickets will not be cancelled, refunded or exchanged once you have purchased a Ticket other than as set out in these Terms.
- A valid Ticket entitles the holder to attend the relevant attraction at the Event on the relevant date and at the relevant times as stated on the Ticket. It is your responsibility to check your Tickets and to ascertain the date and the time of your access to the relevant attraction. Customers with Tickets for the Ice Rink and/ or The Nutcracker on Ice and/or The Sooty Christmas Show and/or Circus performances should arrive a minimum of 20 minutes before the relevant start time as stated on the Tickets. No refunds or exchanges will be given for late arrival which results in customers not receiving a full skating session, the Magical Ice Kingdom session and/or Bar Ice session. Late arrivals for The Nutcracker on Ice and/or The Sooty Christmas Show and/or Circus performances will be allowed in at the discretion of the operator. You should arrive promptly for all your booked sessions.
- If an error is made in the price of any Tickets ordered by you, you will be notified by us as soon as possible and we will give you the option to either (a) reconfirm your Ticket order at the correct price; or (b) cancel your Ticket order and receive a full refund from us.
- Ride tokens purchased for rides at the Event can only be used on the date of collection/printing and are non-refundable or exchangeable. Ride tokens cannot be exchanged for cash.
- All rides, attractions, amusements, transport systems and other facilities must be used in accordance with the operator’s instructions.
- Tickets may not be used for any advertising, competitions, contests, sweepstakes, promotions, or used, sold or given away in conjunction with other products or services (e.g. as part of a travel or hospitality package) without the express written permission of PWR Events in advance. Failure to comply with the foregoing may result in the cancellation of the Ticket without any refund or compensation and/or the Ticket holder being refused entry or removed from the relevant attraction and/or the Event.
- No child aged 12 or under (a “child”) will be admitted to the Event unless they are accompanied by a person aged 16 years or over (a “responsible person”) and such child or children whilst at the Event must remain accompanied and under the supervision of such responsible person at all times. PWR Events reserves the right to determine the ratio of responsible persons in relation to children required for adequate supervision.
- All children attending the Ice Rink and/or The Magical Ice Kingdom and/or The Nutcracker on Ice and/or The Sooty Christmas Show and/or Circus performances and/or Giant Observation Wheel and/or Bar Ice within the Event must be in possession of a valid Ticket, with the exception of those aged 2 and under attending The Nutcracker on Ice and/or The Sooty Christmas Show and/or Circus performances and/or Giant Observation Wheel who will not occupy a seat (where they sit on a responsible person’s lap). Children aged 2 and under will not need a Ticket for The Magical Ice Kingdom. Certain attractions and rides at the Event may be age and height restricted and other restrictions may apply and so it is the responsibility of the visitor to check before purchasing.
- When purchasing alcohol at the Event, if you appear to be under the age of 25 you may be asked for valid identification that you are aged 18 or over. If you have ordered a VIP Box with Champagne at the Cirque Berserk Circus, or an alcoholic cocktail at Bar ice, you may be asked to provide proof of ID (including age) on arrival.
- Alcohol is not permitted to be taken into the Event and any alcoholic drinks purchased on site must be consumed before leaving. Bag searches will be in operation.
- Climbing or standing upon fences, barriers, trees, shrubbery, walls, safety fences, rock arrangements, ride structures, exhibits or buildings is strictly prohibited.
- All Ticket holders must assume that the Ice Rink operates in all weather conditions. In the unlikely event that the Ice Rink operator deems it necessary to close the Ice Rink, PWR Events reserves the right to offer either a refund or alternative sessions for skating, subject to availability. Please bring suitable outdoor clothing, the Event is an outdoor event and no refunds will be given due to inclement weather. The Magical Ice Kingdom and Bar Ice are continually kept in extremely cold conditions.
- Your purchase of tickets is subject to our right without prior notice and without refund or compensation to close or change the programme of rides and attractions and/or the Event’s operating hours. PWR Events in its absolute discretion reserves the right at any time without refund or compensation to close any part of the Event or restrict the number of persons having access to the Event due to capacity, inclement weather, or special events to ensure safety, security or order, or if PWR Events considers the circumstances so require.
- If the Event and/or any attractions are cancelled in its entirety, we will use our reasonable endeavours to notify Ticket holders as soon as possible (including notifying you of the details of any re-scheduled dates and operating hours the Event and/or attraction will be open). If you have already purchased a Ticket for a cancelled attraction, PWR Events reserves the right to offer either a refund or reschedule your booking to an alternative date/time (subject to availability). Ticket cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase other than in accordance with this clause. Where refunds are given, only the face value of the ticket shall be refunded. No refunds or compensation will be given in respect of any other losses or expenditure e.g. travel, car parking, accommodation and transaction/booking fees. Refunds or any other type of compensation will not be available for disruption to or cancellation of the Event or any ride or attraction within the Event resulting from events beyond the control of the PWR Events and/or the operators of the relevant ride or attraction.
- Neither PWR Events nor the Park can accept any responsibility for personal property.
- PWR Events, its servants or agents will not be liable for any loss, injury or damage howsoever caused to the bearer of this Ticket, excluding death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the PWR Events, its servants or agents or any other liabilities that cannot be excluded by law. Use of the Ice Rink, attending The Magical Ice Kingdom, The Nutcracker on Ice , The Sooty Christmas Show, the Circus performances, Giant Wheel and Bar Ice is entirely at your own risk and PWR Events will not be liable for any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused during the course of any ride or attraction.
- In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all patrons, PWR Events and the Park reserve the right in their reasonable discretion to conduct security searches of persons, clothing, bags and all other items on entry and exit to the Event and/or an attraction, to confiscate items which may cause danger or disruption to the Event or other patrons or are in breach of these Terms and/or to refuse admission. Use of illegal substances and laser pens are prohibited.
- Visitors may be refused admission or ejected from the Event and the Park if, in the reasonable opinion of PWR Events or the Park, the visitor is a risk to the safety of any patron and/or may affect the enjoyment of other patrons and/or the running of the Event or may cause damage, nuisance or injury. Examples include being (or appearing to be) drunk, incapable, intoxicated or under the influence of illegal drugs, under-age (where relevant), abusive, threatening, behaving anti-socially, carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances, declining to be searched or in breach of any of these Terms or the terms and conditions of the Park.
- Please note that CCTV and film cameras may be present at the Park. By entering the Event and/or purchasing Tickets and attending the Event, Ticket holders consent to being photographed, filmed or recorded, and consent to the image or recording of them being used in distribution (commercial or otherwise) without any payment. All sound and moving or still picture rights including, without limitation, on the internet, vest exclusively with PWR Events.
- Photography and filming on site is only allowed for the personal, non-profit making use of amateurs. Commercial or editorial photography is prohibited without prior permission. Accreditation must be requested from our press office in advance. Amateur photography groups must also request accreditation in advance of arriving on site.
- Please contact a steward immediately if you have any concerns or problems at the Event. It may not be possible to resolve unreported issues after the Event.
- In the event of an emergency, visitors must follow instructions and directions from stewards, staff and/or other officials.
- PWR Events reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Your continued use of this website and attendance to the Event after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these Terms as updated and/or amended.
- These Terms shall be governed by English Law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in connection herewith.
SOCIAL MEDIA COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ENTERING THE COMPETITION
- The promoter is PWR Events Limited of Building 6, Chiswick Park, 566 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5HR (the “Promoter”).
- The Competition is free to enter and no purchase shall be necessary.
- The Competition will open for entries on 26 December 2016 at the time of posting on social media.
- The closing time and date for entry to the competition is 4:59 pm on 27 December 2016.
- The Competition is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over, except for employees of the Promoter, and their affiliated companies, their families or households or anyone professionally connected with the Competition. By entering the Competition, you confirm and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age on the closing date for entries and that if you are not at least 18 years of age that your parents/guardians have consented to your entry into the Competition and to the Rules, which they have read. If requested by us, you shall provide evidence of your age to us.
- You may only enter this Competition as an individual. Any entries which in the Promoter’s opinion have been made via participation in a syndicate will be disqualified. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants at its discretion.
- There is a limit of one entry per person and multiple entries will be void and the entrant(s) disqualified.
- The Promoter will not accept Competition entries that are illegible or incomplete and the Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Competition or if you breach any of the Rules.
- You must be the author/copyright holder of all Competition entries you submit. Your entry must be your own work, must not be copied, must not contain any third party materials and/or content that you do not have permission to use and must not otherwise be obscene, defamatory or in breach of any applicable legislation or regulations. If the Promoter has reason to believe your entry is not your own work or otherwise breaches this paragraph 10, then the Promoter may not consider it.
- You are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your Competition entry to the Promoter/uploading your Competition entry.
- To enter the competition, submit your festive photos, videos and stories on Facebook by commenting in the comments section. Only the first photo or story is counted as an entry and the word limit for a story is 200 words.
- If you are the winner, you will win 4 x Magical Ice Kingdom tickets, 4 x Nutcracker on Ice tickets, 4 x Ice Skating tickets, 4 x ticket to one of the Circus Shows (Zippos Christmas Circus, Cirque Berserk or Sooty show) and tokens for 2 rides per person at Winter Wonderland 2016 to be used by you and three guests on 2 Jan 2017 (during public open hours of Winter Wonderland 2016) of your choice, subject to availability . The winning entry will also be displayed on the Winter Wonderland 2016 website (http://hydeparkwinterwonderland.com).
- The Prize does not include any expenses e.g. travel to and from Winter Wonderland 2016, accommodation and spending money. There is no cash alternative and the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. The Prize is not negotiable or transferable.
- By entering the Competition, you confirm and warrant that, to the best of your knowledge and belief, your general state of health is good and you have no medical condition and are not taking any medication that could be adversely affected by any of the activities forming part of the Prize.
- You and your guest must take all reasonable steps to ensure your own health and safety when taking part in any activities forming part of the Prize. Any behaviour or act or conduct by you which we consider to pose any medical, security or safety risk (including without limitation any abusive physical or psychological behaviour) will lead to the immediate withdrawal of your Prize at Promoter’s direction.
- You and your guest(s) will comply with the Winter Wonderland venue entry Terms and Conditions (http://hydeparkwinterwonderland.com/termsandconditions) and all directions of Promoter’s representatives in respect of health and safety while at Winter Wonderland 2016. Failure to do so may lead to the immediate withdrawal of your Prize at Promoter’s direction.
PICKING THE WINNER
- The Promoter will not accept responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit for any reason.
- The Competition entries will be judged by a panel of 3 judges. The decision of the panel of judges as to the winner will be final. The Promoter will send the full names of the judges to anyone who writes within one month after the closing date of the Competition requesting details of the judges and who encloses a self-addressed envelope to the Promoter’s address set out above.
- The winner of the Competition will be notified by the Promoter by private message on Facebook. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed their prize within 7 days of the Promoter sending the private message notification, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the closing date. Once the winner has accepted the Prize, the winner will be announced on Facebook.
- The Promoter will send the name and county of the winner to anyone who writes within one month after the closing date of the Competition requesting details of the winner and who encloses a self-addressed envelope to the address set out above.
USER GENERATED CONTENT
- Your Competition entry will incorporate ‘user generated content’ (“Your UGC”). By submitting Your UGC, you agree to assign to the Promoter all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee and waive all moral rights in and to your Competition entry and/or Your UGC and otherwise arising in connection with your Competition entry to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
- By submitting Your UGC, you warrant that:
- Your UGC does not infringe any copyright, right of privacy or any other third-party rights and does not contain anything that is defamatory, obscene or otherwise offensive; and
- you own the copyright to Your UGC as its author and represent and warrant that you have (and will continue to have during the duration of the Competition) all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions which are required to enable Promoter to use Your UGC and you will provide evidence of such on our reasonable request.
PUBLISHING THE WINNING ENTRY
- The winning entry will be published on the Winter Wonderland website from 6 December or (if the Promoter needs to delay this publication for any reason) at a later date.
- By entering this Competition and taking part in the activities forming the Prize you and your guests agree to take part in or co-operate with a reasonable amount of related publicity or other promotional activity. You further agree that the Promoter may publish any photographs, films and/or recordings made by the Promoter which features your name and/or your home town and/or you and/or your UGC.
- We reserve the right not to publish or to cease to publish your Competition entry for any or no reason including, without limitation, if we deem that your entry is in breach of any applicable law or regulation or otherwise may create a liability for the Promoter.
SOME OTHER RULES
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of entering the Competition or taking up the Prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- You acknowledge that the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered, or associated with Facebook. By participating you hereby release and hold harmless the Social Media Platform from any and all liabilities associated with this Competition.
- All competition entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter will become the property of the Promoter on receipt and will not be returned.
- By entering the competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry may be held and used only by the Promoter or its agents and suppliers to administer the Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize Competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
PWR Events Limited is registered in England No. 3827071 at Building 6, Chiswick Park, 566 Chiswick High Road, London, W4 5YA.