Winter Wonderland 2019/2020 (the “Event”)
Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”)
- The Event, held at Hyde Park, London (“Site”) is organised and managed by P W R Events Limited (“PWR Events”), a company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 03827071 and with registered office at Building 6, Chiswick Park, 566 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5HR.
- We set out below the Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) that shall apply to:
- your entry to the Event;
- any purchase of Tickets to any Ticketed Attraction (as set out below); and
- any purchase of the Season Ride Pass
- Notwithstanding the means by which a visitor attends the Event (including any Ticketed Attraction), the Entry Conditions as set out below apply to all visitors attending the Event.
- Notwithstanding the means by which a visitor attends a Ticketed Attraction, the Terms relating to Tickets shall apply as set out below (save as may be varied by any Third Party Terms (if applicable, and as defined below).
- Any purchaser of a Season Ride Pass agrees to be bound by the Season Ride Pass Terms.
- Furthermore, on entry to the Event you agree to accept and abide by any venue rules of Hyde Park and TRP Trading Company Limited (“Royal Parks”) as stated here: royalparks.org.uk/home/park-regulations (and any other regulations provided on entry to the Site).
- Admission into the Event is at all times subject to these Terms and the terms, conditions and rules of the Royal Parks. If you breach any of these Terms and/or any such terms, conditions and/or rules then we may refuse admission or require you and/or other ticket holders to leave the Site.
- All attendees of the Event agree to be bound by these Entry Conditions, those as detailed on any Ticket (as applicable), any Third Party Terms (as applicable), and such other terms as are drawn to the attention of visitors by PWR Events.
Tickets and Ticketed Attractions
- Entry to the Event is free, however you must produce a valid ticket to gain entry to all Ticketed Attractions within the Event (a “Ticket”) and you must produce that Ticket for inspection upon request at any time at the relevant Ticketed Attraction. Failure to produce a Ticket when requested in such circumstances may result in you being removed from the relevant Ticketed Attraction and/or the Event.
- In these Terms, “Ticketed Attraction” shall mean any of the following (save as otherwise specified): (a) Ice Rink; (b) Zippos Christmas Circus; (c) Cirque Berserk; (d) Winter Wonderland Comedy Club; (e)The Magical Ice Kingdom presents ‘A Christmas Carol’; (f) Ice Sculpting Workshop; (g) Paddington on Ice; (h) Mr Men & Little Miss LIVE; (i) Giant Wheel; (j) Bar Ice; and (k) Bar Hütte Karaoke.
- Tickets are also available to purchase onsite at the box offices. Onsite Ticket prices may be subject to an increase.
- A valid Ticket entitles the holder to attend the relevant Ticketed Attraction at the Event on the relevant date and at the relevant time(s) as stated on the Ticket. It is your responsibility to check your Ticket(s) and to ascertain the date and the time of your access to the relevant Ticketed Attraction. No refunds or exchanges will be given for late arrival which results in customers not receiving a full session at the Ticketed Attraction(s) (as applicable). Late arrivals for all Ticketed Attractions will be allowed access at the discretion of the operator. We recommend you arrive at your specific Ticketed Attraction venue twenty minutes before your session time.
- If an error is made in the price of any Tickets ordered by you, you will be notified by us as soon as possible and we will give you the option to either (a) reconfirm your Ticket order at the correct price; or (b) cancel your Ticket order and receive a full refund from us.
- Ticket sales are final. Tickets will not be cancelled, refunded or exchanged once you have purchased a Ticket other than as set out in these Terms.
- Tickets are non-transferable and must not be sold, offered for sale, made available, transferred or otherwise disposed of, save as set out herein, and we reserve the right to cancel without refund or compensation any such Tickets.
- Any Ticket offered for sale, sold, transferred, used or disposed of in breach of clause 15, may be cancelled and any person(s) seeking to use the Ticket(s) may be refused admission to or be evicted from the relevant Ticketed Attraction and/or the Event.
- We are not responsible or liable for any Tickets or ride tokens that are lost or stolen, and to amend or deface any Ticket and/or token will render it void.
- A child ticket is for those 12 years and under. No child aged 12 or under (a “child”) will be admitted to the Event unless they are accompanied by a person aged 16 years or over (a “responsible person”) and such child or children whilst at the Event must remain accompanied and under the supervision of such responsible person at all times, with the exception of Ice Sculpting Workshop, where a child must be accompanied by an adult age 18+. PWR Events reserves the right to determine the ratio of responsible persons in relation to children required for adequate supervision.
- A Family Ticket is for 2 Adults and 2 Children OR 1 Adult and 3 Children.
- Children must have a valid ticket to all Ticketed Attractions with the following exceptions – Children under 2 who will not occupy their own seat for Paddington on Ice – ‘The Grand Voyage’, Cirque Berserk, Zippos Christmas Circus and Giant Wheel; Children under 2 for access to The Magical Ice Kingdom presents A Christmas Carol; Children under 1 who will not occupy their own seat for Mr Men & Little Miss LIVE. PWR reserves the right to determine the ratio of responsible persons in relation to children required for adequate supervision. Certain attractions (including but not limited to the Ticketed Attractions) and rides at the Event may be age and height restricted and other restrictions may apply and so it is the responsibility of the visitor to check before purchasing.
- You may change your booking for a fee by creating an online account on the Event website. You may reschedule your attraction date/time (subject to availability), excluding The Family Bundles where only the date can be changed, 48 hours prior to your original date/time for a rescheduling fee of £4.00. To do this you will need to create or login to your Winter Wonderland account. An online account will also enable you to view your order history, download your Ticket(s), and change your personal and marketing subscription details. You can deactivate your account at any time by logging into your account and selecting ‘deactivate’.
- Tickets may not be used for any advertising, competitions, contests, sweepstakes, promotions, or used, sold or given away in conjunction with other products or services (e.g. as part of a travel or hospitality package) without the express written permission of PWR Events in advance. Failure to comply with the foregoing may result in the cancellation of the Ticket without any refund or compensation and/or the Ticket holder being refused entry or removed from the relevant Ticketed Attraction and/or the Event.
- You must at all times comply with the Ticketed Attraction Terms (as set out below) for any use of the Ticketed Attraction(s) (as applicable).
Ticket Refunds and Cancellation
- Your purchase of Tickets and tokens is subject to our right without prior notice and without refund or compensation (save as set out in clause 26) to close or change the programme of rides and attractions and/or the Event’s operating hours.
- PWR Events in its absolute discretion reserves the right at any time to close any part of the Event, any attraction(s) (including any Ticketed Attraction(s) and/or ride(s), or to restrict the number of persons having access to the Event, any attraction(s) (including any Ticketed Attraction(s) and/or ride(s) due to capacity, inclement weather, or special events to ensure safety, security and/or order, or if PWR Events reasonably considers the circumstances so require. In either case, you may be entitled to a refund or exchange in accordance with clause 26 and/or 27 below.
- If the Event and/or any attractions (including any Ticketed Attraction) is/are cancelled/closed in its/their entirety for any reason, we will use our reasonable endeavours to notify Ticket holders as soon as possible (including notifying you of the details of any re-scheduled dates and operating hours the Event and/or attraction will be open). If you have already purchased a Ticket for a cancelled/closed Ticketed Attraction, you will automatically be entitled to a refund (save where any Third Party Terms preclude this, as noted in clauses 30-32 below).
- If any Ticketed Attraction is curtailed during the session and you have a Ticket for that session, we may (but without obligation) offer a refund (in whole or in part) in our discretion (acting reasonably).
- In all circumstances, where refunds are given by PWR Events, only the face value of the Ticket shall be refunded.
- You are responsible for any travel and accommodation arrangements for the Event and except as set out in these Terms, PWR Events shall not be liable for loss or damage of any kind whether direct or consequential, including but not limited to travel or accommodation expenses from postponement, cancellation, abandonment or curtailment of the Event and/or any attraction (including any Ticketed Attraction) and the you hereby waive all rights of whatsoever nature against PWR Events, its employees, servants, agents, independent contractors or representatives arising from cancellation, abandonment or curtailment of the Event and/or of any Ticketed Attraction.
Tickets from third party agents
- Tickets purchased from an authorised ticket agent are bound by the agent’s own ticket terms and conditions (“Third Party Terms”) and neither PWR Events nor The Royal Parks are responsible or liable for any mistakes to/ or losses for any such tickets purchased through an authorised agent. Please refer directly to the ticket agent where you purchased your tickets with any ticketing issues or enquiries.
- Notwithstanding clause 30 above, these Terms shall apply in their entirety save as varied by any Third Party Terms (including, without limitation, in relation to refunds and/or cancellation.)
- Under no circumstances shall PWR Events or The Royal Parks are responsible or liable for any mistakes to/ or losses for any tickets purchased through an authorised agent. Please refer directly to the ticket agent where you purchased your tickets with any ticketing issues or enquiries, including in relation to any refunds/exchange.
- Any Tickets bought from unauthorised agents or third parties are not valid and admission will not be permitted.
Event Security and Prohibited Items
- The safety and comfort of our visitors is a priority. The Event has a robust security management plan, which is coordinated by event security and the Metropolitan Police. Security checks will be in place throughout the Event, including bag searches, which may result in delays when entering the site, and visitors should factor in extra time for these searches to take place. There may also be restrictions on the size of bag/luggage that is allowed into the Event. We strongly advise not bringing large bags or luggage to the Event. We ask all guests to be vigilant and not to leave bags and belongings unattended.
- Please contact a steward immediately if you have any concerns or problems at the Event. It may not be possible to resolve unreported issues after the Event.
- Prohibited Items. The following articles must not be brought into the Event:
- Smoke canisters
- Dangerous or hazardous items
- Laser devices
- Bottles/ glass vessels/ cans
- Opened bottles of drink/liquid (unopened bottles of water will be accepted)
- Any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety.
- Any person in possession of any item set out at clause 36 (above) will be refused entry to the Event or will have such items confiscated and destroyed. Any article that might be used as a weapon, be deemed to be offensive or abusive, or compromise public safety, will be confiscated and/or reported to the police.
- In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all patrons, PWR Events and Royal Parks reserve the right in their reasonable discretion to conduct security searches of persons, clothing, bags and all other items on entry and exit to the Event and/or an attraction, to confiscate items which may cause danger or disruption to the Event or other patrons or are in breach of these Terms and/or to refuse admission.
- Use of illegal substances strictly prohibited at the Event.
- Visitors may be refused admission or ejected from the Event and the Site if, in the opinion of PWR Events and/or Royal Parks, the visitor is a risk to the safety of any patron and/or may affect the enjoyment of other patrons and/or the running of the Event or may cause damage, nuisance or injury. Examples include being (or appearing to be) drunk, incapable, intoxicated or under the influence of illegal drugs, under-age (where relevant), abusive, threatening, behaving anti-socially, carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances, committing a criminal offence, declining to be searched or in breach of any of these Terms or the terms and conditions of the Royal Parks.
- No animals are allowed at the Event, other than assistance dogs (such as guide dogs).
- Visitors must only use the toilets and urinals provided and must not pollute the land.
Photography and Filming
- Please note that CCTV and film cameras may be present at the Event. By entering the Event and/or purchasing Tickets and attending the Event, Ticket holders and attendees consent to being photographed, filmed and/or recorded, and consent to the image or recording of them (including any images or recordings taken by them within the Event) being used in distribution (commercial or otherwise) in perpetuity without any payment. All sound and moving or still picture rights including, without limitation, on the internet, vest exclusively with PWR Events (or by any third party as may be engaged by PWR Events).
- Photography and filming on site is only allowed for the personal, non-profit making use of amateurs. Commercial or editorial photography is prohibited without prior permission from PWR Events. Accreditation must be requested from our press office in advance. Amateur photography groups must also request accreditation in advance of arriving on site.
- A person may be denied entry to, or removed from the Event if he or she is found in possession of any equipment capable of taking photographs, making films, sound recordings or broadcasts; or if he or she takes any photograph, makes a film, sound recording or broadcast of anything occurring inside the Event for commercial gain (unless approved in accordance with clause 44.
- A person may enter the Event with equipment referred to in clause) above where it is integrated into electronic communications apparatus designed for personal private use (such as a mobile telephone) and/or a personal stills camera, but the person may still be removed in accordance with clause 45 above if they attempt to use this device for commercial gain.
- In the event of an emergency, visitors must follow instructions and directions from stewards, staff and other officials.
- All rides, attractions, amusements, transport systems and other facilities must be used in accordance with the operator’s instructions.
- When purchasing alcohol at the Event, if you appear to be under the age of 25 you may be asked for valid identification that you are aged 18 or over. If you attend a Ticketed Attraction that serves alcohol, you may be asked to provide proof of age on arrival.
- Alcohol is not permitted to be taken into the Event and any alcoholic drinks purchased on site must be consumed before leaving. Bag searches will be in operation.
- Climbing or standing upon fences, barriers, trees, shrubbery, walls, safety fences, rock arrangements, ride structures, exhibits or buildings is strictly prohibited.
- Use of all attractions (including any Ticketed Attraction) and rides is entirely at your own risk and PWR Events will not be liable for any distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused during the course of any ride or attraction.
- Each visitor is responsible for his/her own personal property brought into the Site and neither PWR Events nor Royal Parks accepts any responsibility for any loss, theft or damage to a visitor’s personal property.
- Nothing in these Terms seeks to exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, fraud or other type of liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law (including without limitation fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation).
- Nothing in these Conditions seek to exclude the liability of the Royal Parks for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or other type of liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law (including without limitation fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation).
FAMILY BUNDLES: ‘FAMILY SHOW BUNDLE’ AND ‘FAMILY ICE BUNDLE’
- Visitors have the option to purchase either a ‘Family Show Bundle’ or a ‘Family Ice Bundle’ (together the “Family Bundles”):
- The ‘Family Show Bundle’ comprises the following:
- A Family show ticket for EITHER Paddington on Ice, Mr Men & Little Miss, Zippos Christmas Circus or Cirque Berserk on selected, time specific shows only OR an 11am Family ice skating ticket;
- A Family Magical Ice Kingdom ticket – anytime entry;
- A Family Giant Wheel ticket – anytime entry; and
- £50.00 Season Ride Pass (to be collected from one of the Season Ride Pass collection points on arrival).
- The ‘Family Ice Bundle’ comprises the following:
- An 11am Family ice skating ticket;
- A Family Magical Ice Kingdom ticket – anytime entry;
- A Family Giant Wheel ticket – anytime entry; and
- £50.00 Season Ride Pass (To be collected from one of the Season Ride Pass collection points on arrival).
- Each of the Family Bundles consists of 2 Adults/ Teens and 2 Children OR 1 Adult/ Teen and 3 Children (The Family Bundles are ideally suited for families with children aged 2 years – 12 years old). Please note that the Family Bundles do not offer any queue jump/priority for shows, attractions or rides.
- Family Bundles are purchased for a specific date and all elements within the selected Family Bundle must be used on that date and cannot be used at any other time, with the exception of the Season Ride Pass which can be used at any point during the Event – please refer to the Season Ride Pass Terms. A £10 discount will be applied at check out for every Family Bundle purchased. Please refer below to T&Cs for individual attractions within your selected Family Bundle.
“TICKETED ATTRACTION TERMS”
(i) Ice Sculpting Workshop
- A Ticket for the Ice Sculpting Workshop gives access to a workstation which holds up to two people.
- Each workstation will receive a 40 minute session, under supervision, to carve one prepared piece of crystal clear carving ice.
- The ticket price is per workstation, each ticket entitles the bearer(s) to a 40-minute session for a maximum of two people.
- Guests must not remove the ice, equipment or tools from the workshop and you will not be able to take your carving home with you.
- No food or drink is permitted into the studio area.
- Specialist tools, protective gloves and waterproof aprons will be provided which must be worn as part of our health and safety procedures during your session. Ice sculpture tools are dangerous and must only be used as advised by the artists and technicians. Anyone found using the tools incorrectly or who does not respond to any request from the specialist team will be asked to leave the session. Only the tools provided can be used in the studio.
- We recommend comfortable outdoor/waterproof shoes are worn as some ice chips and shavings will fall onto the floor of the studio.
- The Ice Sculpting Workshop is available for all aged 12 years and over. Those aged 12 and over but under 18 years old will need to be accompanied by a responsible adult aged 18 and over.
(ii) Ice Skating
- Ice Skating can be hazardous. Participation in an Ice Skating session is entirely at your own risk. Without prejudice to clauses 54 and 55, PWR Events is not responsible for any injuries arising from your use of the Ice Rink.
- Skaters must follow the instructions of the marshals at all times.
- The Ice Skating Manager reserves the right to remove those deemed a risk to the safety of others.
- All Ticket holders must assume that Ice Skating operates in all weather conditions. In the unlikely event that the Ice Skating operator and/or PWR Events and/or Royal Parks deems it necessary to close the Ice Rink, you will be entitled to a full refund in accordance with clause 26 if the Ice Rink is closed in its entirety or you may be entitled to a full or partial refund in accordance with clause 27 if the Ice Rink is closed during the session for which your Ticket is valid..
- Please bring suitable outdoor clothing as the Ice Skating is outdoors and no refunds will be given due to inclement weather.
- Items left in the Ice Skating cloakroom are left at the owner’s risk.
(iii) Bar Hutte Karaoke Cabins
- Bar Hütte Karaoke cabins are booked in two-hour slots for a maximum of 10 persons for a standard hütte and a maximum of 20 persons for a large hütte. Bookings commence on the hour every 2 hours with sessions running for 1 hour and 45 minutes to allow time for group changeovers.
- Hüttes are allocated on arrival and will only be held for a maximum of 15 minutes for late arrivals. Bar Hütte Karaoke operates a no-show policy, whereby hüttes will be released to a waiting list if there is no arrival within 15 minutes of the allotted time.
- All children aged 12 years and under must be accompanied by an adult. For booking purposes children of any age are considered a “person” and should be factored into the capacity of the Hütte you require with the exception of children under two (with the assumption that they do not take up a seat and will be on their guardians lap).
- Hüttes are booked irrespective of the number of guests, but must not exceed the hütte capacity. If the party size/demographic exceeds the hütte capacity on arrival, you will be required to purchase an additional hütte (subject to availability). If no such hütte is available then the remaining guests can be accommodated in the open bar area.
- Only large hüttes are wheelchair accessible and wheelchairs will reduce the capacity of the hütte.
- Ticket holders must respect the duration of the booking and vacate the hütte without delay to allow preparation time for the next ticket holders. At busy times, we are expecting the hüttes to be reserved back to back from open to close. In this case we kindly ask that you respect the 1 hour 45 minute duration of your booking.
- Based on availability you may be able to extend your stay in the hütte beyond this, please speak to staff on site. An additional fee will apply. Hüttes will need to be vacated 15 minutes prior to the start of the following session to allow changeover.
(iv) Magical Ice Kingdom and Bar Ice
- The Magical Ice Kingdom presents ‘A Christmas Carol’ and Bar Ice are continually kept in extremely cold conditions and attendees are advised to dress accordingly.
(v) Winter Wonderland Comedy Club
- Winter Wonderland Comedy Club performances are suitable for those aged 16 and over and are held in the Circus Megadome venue. The line-up is subject to change
- Please be aware that shows may contain adult content.
“SEASON RIDE PASS TERMS”
- The Season Ride Pass is a pre-loaded card that can be purchased in advance (maximum of two cards per transaction) via the official Winter Wonderland website, the Winter Wonderland app or in person at one of the box offices, at the Event.
- The Season Ride Pass is valid on all open and operational rides at the Event, subject to any changes which may be made by Organiser in its sole discretion. Season Ride Passes do not give a choice of ride seating or queue jump. Height, weight, size and age restrictions and medical warnings apply to certain rides. Admittance to rides are always subject to availability and capacity.
- The Season Ride Pass is valid for the duration of the Event 2019/2020.
- Your purchase of a Season Ride Pass is subject to our right without prior notice and without refund or compensation to close or change the programme of rides and attractions and/or the Event’s operating hours.
- When purchasing your Season Ride Pass, a non-refundable £1 activation fee will be added to your transaction total. The card must be preloaded with a minimum amount of £20.00. An additional £5 will be added free of charge, upon collection, for all cards with a credit of £80 or more. The £5 bonus credit will be added once, only upon initial collection of the card and is not included when topping up the card.
- The Season Ride Pass must be collected from one of the Season Ride Pass collection points on arrival at the Event. A valid ticket for a Season Ride Pass must be presented in order to collect your pass. .
- Season Ride Pass sales are final. No cash exchanges or refunds will be given.
- The Season Ride Pass can be topped-up with credit by using your mobile phone or at any time by visiting one of the designated Season Ride Pass top-up booths.
- Any remaining credit on the Season Ride Pass will be lost if not used by 10pm on 5th January 2020.
- It is the responsibility of the Season Ride Pass holder to check the purchase and top-up of Season Ride Passes at the time of sale as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
- Season Ride Passes must not be used for prizes in competitions, advertising, contests, sweepstakes and promotions or used, sold or given away in conjunction with other products or services without prior written consent of PWR Events.
- PWR Events shall not be responsible for any lost or stolen Season Ride Passes.
- PWR Events reserves the right to change these Terms from time to time.
- These Terms shall be governed by English law and the parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts in connection herewith. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
- P W R Events Limited, an IMG company, is registered in England No. 3827071 at Building 6, Chiswick Park, 566 Chiswick High Road, London, W4 5HR. You can also contact us by sending an email to email@example.com