Hyde Park Winter Wonderland Children’s Art Competition – Privacy Notice and Terms & Conditions
Winter Wonderland Children’s Art Competition – Privacy Notice and Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: By entering this the Hyde Park Winter Wonderland Children’s Art Competition (“Competition”) you will be deemed to be bound by and have accepted these Terms & Conditions. This Hyde Park Winter Wonderland Children’s Art Competition is open to all residents of UK aged 4 – 14 years of age.
Competition means the Hyde Park Winter Wonderland Children’s Art Competition.
Consent means the consent of the parent or legal guardian of the Entrant, Such consent shall be deemed to have been given pursuant to a completed Consent Form.
Consent Form means the consent form set out in the Appendix duly signed and completed by the parent or legal guardian of the Entrant.
Entrant means any individual aged 4 – 14 years of age who has had Consent to enter the Competition in accordance with the Terms and Conditions and who adheres to any relevant entry and eligibility requirements.
Event means Hyde Park Winter Wonderland 2023/24.
Prize means the prize described in paragraph 6.
Promoter means PWR Events Limited, a private limited company with company number 03827071 whose registered office is at Building 6, Chiswick Park, 566 Chiswick High Road, London, W4 5HR.
Terms and Conditions means the terms and conditions set out in this document.
Terms and Conditions:
- The Promoter will invite schools to enter the Competition via email at 12pm BST on 4th September 2023. The Competition will close at 5pm BST on 13th October 2023 (“Closing Date”). Only entries (i) delivered to the provided address by 5pm BST on the Closing Date and (ii) accompanied by a completed Consent Form will be accepted.
- Consent is a requirement for entry to the Competition. By completing the Consent Form, the parent or legal guardian of Entrant agrees to the Rules and Terms and Conditions on behalf of the Entrant.
- The Competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- For Entrants to enter the competition:
- Design a piece of Artwork on A4 paper, in either pencil, ink or paint (“Artwork”) with the following brief: craft artwork that captures the very essence of ‘Winter Wonderland. Take inspiration for the Artwork from Hyde Park, The Royal Park, Hyde Park Winter Wonderland or anything that makes you feel festive.
- State the name, age and School name of the Entrant on A4 Paper.
- Post the artwork in an A4 Envelope, without a postage stamp, to the following freepost address: Freepost ART COMPETITION HPWW (“Delivery Address”). All capital letters in the address must be written out as capitals on the envelope for free postage to qualify.
- All qualifying entries will be judged from mid-October to early November 2023. Judges will pick a Gold Winner, Silver Winner and Bronze Winner within each age category of the following categories: (i) 4-6 yrs, (ii) 7- 9 yrs, (iii)10-12yrs, (iv)12-14 yrs (the “Competition Winners”). Each of the Competition Winners will be notified via their School. The judges’ decisions shall be final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Competition Winners shall each receive:
- Gold Winners: £500 to be spent at HPWW for the winning Entrant’s school and £200 to be spent at HPWW for the winning Entrant and their family. 4 x tickets to the events Charity Preview Night on Thursday 16th November 2023, 17:00 – 22:00. Artwork displayed at the Event.
- Silver Winner: £100 to be spent at HPWW for the winning Entrant and their family. Artwork displayed at the Event.
- Bronze Winner: £50 to be spent at HPWW for the winning Entrant and their family. Artwork displayed at the Event.
- In the event of the Competition Winners not being able to accept the Prize, no alternative or replacement Prize will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of the same or higher value, where it becomes necessary to do so, as decided by the Promoter in its sole discretion.
- In the event that the Promoter is unable to contact the Competition Winners within ten (10) working days of the email being sent, the Prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will pick a replacement Prize Winner from the remaining Entrants. The Prize will also be forfeited if, at any time, the Prize Winner is found to have been ineligible to enter the competition.
- The Prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable and no cash alternative to the Prize is available.
- Participation constitutes an Entrant’s (and an Entrant’s parent(s)/legal guardian(s)) full and unconditional agreement to these Terms and Conditions.
- By entering the Competition, each Entrant grant the Promoter a worldwide, sole, royalty-free perpetual and irrevocable licence to use the copyright in their entry/Artwork in order to assess all Artwork received and to use on all Hyde Park Winter Wonderland channels and Hyde Park Winter Wonderland social platforms. Please note, for the avoidance of doubt, this licence fully reserves the right of the Entrant to fully exploit the copyright themselves.
- By entering the Competition each Entrant (and each Entrant’s parent(s)/legal guardian(s)) agree that (i) the Artwork may be used by the Promoter in any associated publicity, including the Promoter’s social media channels and website and (ii) the Artwork may be displayed at the Event together with the Entrant’s first name, age category and school name (such display will be available from Thursday 16th November 2023 – Monday 1st January 2024 but the Promoter reserves the right to change these dates)
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for damaged or lost entries/Artwork.
- The Promoter will be unable to return or keep entries/Artwork. However, an Entrant’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) or teachers are welcome to arrange collection of the Artwork personally during the period Monday 20th November 2023 – Monday 18th December 2023. After this period, entries/Artwork will be disposed of.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw an entry from the Competition at any time if the entry is deemed inappropriate for any reason.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw an Entrant from the Competition if an Entrant is found to have breached any of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entries/Artwork should not contain any obscene, blasphemous or defamatory matter.
- Save in respect of personal injury, death or fraud, the Promoter shall have no liability whatsoever to any Entrant whether in contract, tort or otherwise, in connection with their entry or any other aspect of this Competition.
- Only entries delivered to the Delivery Address on or before the Closing Date and conforming to these Terms & Conditions are eligible to participate. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are not properly received due to communications beyond the Promoter’s control or for entries that are incorrectly submitted, incomplete or received after the Closing Date.
- This Competition is not sponsored, administered or associated with social media platform(s); any enquiries in relation to it should be addressed to Hyde Park Winter Wonderland
- The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the Competition is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- These Terms and Conditions, and all aspects of the Competition shall be governed by English law and shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- The Promoter reserves the right to alter these Terms and Conditions of the Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition at any time, if deemed necessary or if circumstances arise outside of the Promoter’s control.
APPENDIX – CONSENT FORM
Consent form to enter the Hyde Park Winter Wonderland Children’s Art Competition – see PDF here.