What We Stand For
The home of festive fun
Hyde Park Winter Wonderland exists to be the home of festive fun, creating a world of joy and excitement for everyone.
Our Core Values
We are collaborative
It’s about working together and championing community work.
We strive for excellence
Being the best we can be, building our reputation and improving our CSR.
We are passionate
We believe in making Hyde Park Winter Wonderland better every day.
We are respectful
Celebrating inclusivity and treating others like you’d like to be treated.
Winter Wishes - Charity Morning
For the first time, Winter Wonderland is hosting Winter Wishes, a private morning at Hyde Park Winter Wonderland for a limited number of invited guests.
With free entry and unrestricted access to our rides and attractions, we are inviting charities and schools to join us and celebrate the festive season together. This initiative is a day out for groups that may otherwise have a difficult time attending the event, where there will be the opportunity for guests to experience Winter Wonderland without the busy crowds.
If you would like to attend/receive more information about the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our team has been working hard to ensure Hyde Park Winter Wonderland is an event that is accessible for all to enjoy. You can find out more about accessibility here.
Key Accessibility Info
- For those who require a hoist-changing place facility, Mobiloo (HDU) are on site
- There are two Prayer Rooms for guests to use
- Ice Sculpting Workshops have an accessible workstation
- We offer Personal Assistant tickets for guests who require assistance, at no additional cost. We also have PA Ride Wristbands entitling your Personal Assistant to accompany you on your purchased rides. You can find out more here
- We have a covered chill/quiet area at the north of the site near the family entrance – this enclosed space has heating, neutral lighting and is music-free
- NEW Additional lowered seating is available in Bar Ice in association with Mixtons Cocktails, as well as lowered bar counter
- NEW Low sensory, early morning sessions at Bar Ice in association with Mixtons Cocktails will be available at 10:30am on select dates for those who may find it overwhelming at other times – these will be on sale soon
- NEW Audio descriptions will be available in Magical Ice Kingdom for blind guests, this will be available for download at the attraction via QR code as well as on the accessible guide
- NEW Sensory & accessible sessions will be available at the Ice Rink at Lidl On Ice on select dates with lowered capacity, more wheelchair spaces, lowered lighting and music levels
- NEW Justin’s Christmas Singalong uses Makaton
- NEW Giant Wheel guests who have a PA ticket on their booking will have access to the fast-track queue at no additional cost
We take our responsibility to maintain sustainable practices very seriously and are continuously working with our partners and suppliers to explore and innovate ways of lessening the ecological footprint of the event, both globally and locally. You can find our more about sustainability here.
The work we are doing in this area ranges from consulting with ecology consultants to ensure we aren’t disturbing the local bat population through to employing cutting-edge power and water usage monitoring. Traders and operators are encouraged to produce products from sustainable sources where possible and the vast majority of the Hyde Park Winter Wonderland infrastructure is reused or recycled and no waste produced by the event goes to landfill.
PWR Events are proud to be actively producing sustainable events and are certified to ISO 20121, the International Standard for sustainability in event management.
How can you help us to be more sustainable during your visit?
- Bring a water bottle to refill at Water Refill Stations available throughout the event
- Recycle waste in the correct bins
- Travel to the event via public transport where possible
- Consider choosing to eat a plant-based option
School Art Competition
This year, we invited local schools to participate in our first ever Art Competition. Open for children between the ages of four and 14, schools were invited to submit entries by post using the Hyde Park Art competition canvas.
Gold, silver and bronze winners will all receive complimentary packages for the winners to bring their school and family to spend a day to spend a magical day with us, as well as have their artwork displayed at Winter Wonderland. Each age category will have a gold, silver and bronze winner.
The School Art Competition 2023 has now closed and you can check out the winners artwork here, as well as on-site at Winter Wonderland.
For more information on the Art Competition theme, guidelines, and T&Cs, click here.
Blue Light Tickets
This year we are thrilled to be partnering with Blue Light Tickets to offer a limited number of free Winter Wonderland tickets to the Blue Light community. Blue Light Tickets work with venues, sports teams, attractions, festivals and concerts to offer NHS, emergency service employees and the wider Blue Light community free tickets as a way of saying thank you.
Blue Light Card members will be able to make magical memories with their loved ones, by redeeming up to four entry tickets with a showing of Zippos Christmas Circus on selected weekday sessions, via the Blue Light website. There’s also the opportunity to enter a ballot to win tickets for Bar Ice in Association with Mixtons and Ice Skating at Lidl On Ice.
Transport for London Safer Travel
Hyde Park Winter Wonderland work very closely with Transport for London, with a particular focus on TfL Safer Travel, where TfL enforcement officers and the police are working to improve the safety of travelling by taxi & minicab.
At any time, if you experience any behaviour of a sexual nature from a minicab or taxi driver, including comments of a sexual nature, please report it online at www.met.police.uk. If it’s an emergency, call 999.
You can report any behaviour that makes you feel uncomfortable, even if you think it’s not necessarily a crime. Call TfL on 0343 222 4000 (Monday to Friday 09:00-17:00) or contact them online.