Oh, what fun it is to skate!
The perfect place for a winter skate, join us at the UK’s largest outdoor ice rink in the heart of London’s Hyde Park. Set under a canopy of twinkly lights and built around the iconic Victorian bandstand, you can hit the ice from 10:00am to 10:00pm daily.
Open to all ages and abilities – wheelchairs too! Ice skating is the perfect festive activity for first dates, play dates and best mates.
It’s safe to say that after this year, we all need a rink!
- BYOS: You can bring your own skates with you (subject to a suitability check and please also note that speed skates are not allowed)
- Skates are included in the ticket price and available in minimum children’s size 9, maximum adult’s size 13 (Limited supply of skate size 14/15 available).
Wheelchairs are allowed on the ice and there are ramps both in and out of the skate facility and on and off the rink. Electric wheelchairs are permitted on the Ice provided that the motors are off.
- All bags and large items are required to be checked in to the cloakroom provided at £1 per item.
- For safety reasons, cameras are not allowed whilst on the ice. We have a professional photographer who can take a souvenir photo for you.
- Please wear suitable clothing for skating and wrap up warm!
- We have a limited supply of penguin skate aids, and are available on a first-come first served basis from the skate hire counter for £5. Unfortunately skate aids cannot be booked in advance. Please note that we also have children’s bob skates, these are twin bladed skates that fit over a child’s shoes, available free of charge. Please speak to any member of Ice Rink staff if you wish to hire a skate aid or require bob skates.
- The nearest station to the Ice Rink is Victoria, Green Park, Hyde Park Corner and Knightsbridge.
Ice skating session times run every hour, on the hour, between 10:00 and 21:00. Each ice skating session will last 50 minutes.
Make sure you arrive 20 minutes before your booked session so you’ve got time to get your skates on at the skate hire.
HIRE AN ICE GUIDE
Ice Guides are trained ice skaters who can escort you and your group on the ice. The Ice Guide can look after up to 15 skaters and will be exclusive to your group for the whole of your skating session. Ice Guides cost £35 per hour skating session (bookable online with your ticket).